From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-19 12:29:58

John Torjo wrote:
>> On the other hand, perhaps you have a use case that clearly
>> demonstrates
> the
>> need for BOOST_HAS_CURRENT_FUNCTION?
>
> The SMART_ASSERT library clearly needs it.
>
> The idea is: when an assertion fails, in case BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION
> holds a meaningful value, I want to show it. Otherwise, not.

Once again, the reason that BOOST_ASSERT does not do this:

If a compiler has a current function facility but is not currently supported
by current_function.hpp, if you show '(unknown)' users of this compiler will
spot the problem and submit a patch, or at least report it to us.

If not, they may not even realize that the library could have given them the
name of the current function.

Let me know if you remain unconvinced. :-)