From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-22 16:22:49

>>> "I have never quite understand why so many good, and often
>>> brilliant programmers, take it so hard when others suggest that
>>> they document what they do in easily understandable
>>> sentences. There must be something wrong in the educational
>>> systems of the countries from which most programmers come when
>>> they can not, or do not, want to write clearly."

What I found most amusing in this quote is that in many of the countries the
primary language isn't English, and hence lack of English writing skills
isn't necessarily a flaw in the educational systems in question.

But all this has somewhat obscured my suggestion of automatically generating
a change log from the CVS commit notes. I know I'd find it quite useful,
perhaps more useful than a manually updated change log. Boost commit
messages tend to be relatively high quality.