From: Joerg Walter (jhr.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-22 17:31:17

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 3:51 AM
Subject: [boost] Re: uBlas and linear algebra questions

> Kirill Lapshin <kir_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > David Abrahams wrote:
> >> Ah, I understand. It seems as though the choices for linear algebra
> >> in C++ haven't improved much since I first started looking at them
> >> several years ago.
> >
> > Right, and even blas implementation provided by uBlas seemed to be
> > quite far from good old C-style routines (e.g. ATLAS). Good news that
> > there are atlas bindings.
>
> Hmph.

?

I've done some experiments recently with Intel's CC 7.1 on i86, which
indicate that one is able to teach it to vectorize some ublas codes and to
try to take advantage of L1 and L2 cache (BTW, are these constructions part
of the C++ standard? ;-). Newer versions of ATLAS are still a lot faster.
What do you expect?