From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-25 09:57:01

E. Gladyshev wrote:

> I was thinking about designing a GUI/GDI template
> library.
>
> The main ideas are:
> 1. Create a portable template abstraction for standard
> GUI/GDI elements and dialog boxes.
> 2. Design an "iterator-like" interface.
> 3. The most important goal is design a natural
> connection between STL containers and GUI elements, so
> that STL data can be easily presented in the GUI
> environment.

[...]

You have my support when time permits. I know Qt like the back of my hand
and I keep playing around with their designs to implement flexible widgets.
I just don't have enough time for further in-depth development.

A template based widget interface would be great for SDI / MDI windows,
recursive container widgets, ownership, layout management, policy based
input / output (string, wstring, stringstream, filestream, pipestream,

It is hard to believe sometimes this is not yet done. ;)

Philippe A. Bouchard