From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-25 17:20:19

E. Gladyshev wrote:
> I was thinking about designing a GUI/GDI template
> library.
>
> The main ideas are:
> 1. Create a portable template abstraction for standard
> GUI/GDI elements and dialog boxes.
> 2. Design an "iterator-like" interface.
> 3. The most important goal is design a natural
> connection between STL containers and GUI elements, so
> that STL data can be easily presented in the GUI
> environment.

Microsoft has a Windows Template Library, WTL, for Windows specifically,
which is template-based but which they barely support for their VC++ users.
There are other cross-platform frameworks which seek to encapsulate GUI/GDI
in classes but few of them are template-based as far as I know. I think you
have a big job attempting to create a cross-platform C++ GUI/GDI framework
considering the different operating systems which Boost supports and
therefore the different GUI/GDI elements on those systems.