From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 14:32:25

> I personnally prefer seeing something similar to:
>
> typedef std::list< boost::entry<lineEdit,
> std::string> > listbox;

I think the basic issue here is this.
Should we expose the gui structure as a set of direct
STL data types or should we define separate GUI data
types that will behave like the STL containers
(iterator-like interface). In other words

** Option 1 (compile-time structure)
typedef std::list< boost::entry<lineEdit,
std::string> > listbox;

typedef std::list< list<...> > listboxN;

** Option 2 (run-time structure)
boost::gui::listcontrol mylist;
boost::gui::listcontrol childlist;
boos::gui::edit lineedit;
mylist.push_back(lineedit);
mylist.push_back(childlist);

The first option is more like a compile time structure
and it is more innovative. The second option is a
more like a dynamic run-time structre and it is more
traditional.

Eugene