From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 16:33:06

You've piqued my curiosity now. If you can do so, could you explain the
problem this is meant to solve? I've implemented Dijkstra (or one the
variants, including the obvious one) a number of times, but have never come
across a need for what (I think) you're describing. Ah, for the record, my
use was for path-finding in games, although I'm certainly aware that the
algorithm is a much more generic graph algorithm. That's probably coloring
my understanding of what you're asking, and I'd like to understand the
request better.

Is this an attempt to re-use search data for multiple paths that may share a
portion of the search space, or is it something more esoteric, sort of an
algorithmic "variational" method, where you're looking for the best path,
but can also choose your start point?

Reid Sweatman