From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-02 13:47:51

Beman Daws wrote:

>Robert, if you didn't get a response to this, you might want to try the
>jamboost mailing list

Rene Rivera responded privately got me all straighened out on
this in no time. Thanks Rene.

And thanks to you Beman for asking.

In the course of investigating this I did come up with
another question someone might want to answer.

There is a compile option in all versions of VC
"Enable Function Level LInking" /Gy

That I don't see referenced in the JAM files
for MSVC et al. It would seem to me that this
should be included in builds - at least for release mode
in order that executable built with library don't include
any more unused code than necessary. Is there some
reason that this isn't included?

Robert Ramey

.