From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-02 20:27:41

That one's good, and captures the essential distinction well. Other
possibles: "create_full_directory," or "create_rooted_directory." Dunno.
On whole, I might prefer your choice. Although it again lengthens the name,
"create_directory_and_path" captures another minor piece of the distinction.
You could also play with the distinction (none save semantic in most file
systems) between "pathname" and "filename;" a filename is usually just the
thing at the leaf-terminal end of the path (and needn't be a "file," save as
a directory is often actually implemented as such), while the pathname is
the full Monty.

In the original scheme, I would think the problem with "create_directories"
is that it would seem to imply (to me, at any rate) the creation of multiple
directories at the same depth in the file system. Anyway, them's my
kibitz's.

Reid Sweatman