From: Rainer Deyke (rainerd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 20:47:08

Brock Peabody wrote:
> I realize that this scheme won't solve all the world's problems, but
> it
> comes close :) You can imagine that one could come up with more
> composition functions, I just haven't needed any yet.

I've experimented with a similar system in the past. I feel that its
biggest weakness is the lack of priorities. For example, I always want my
multi-line text edit box, which benefits from additional width and height,
to receive priority over my buttons, which don't. However, the buttons
ultimately have no maximum size, and I want all of the buttons in a column
to have the same width.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd_at_[hidden] - http://eldwood.com