From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 10:43:31

I've added a detailed Release Manager's Checklist
(boost-root/more/release_mgr_checklist.html).

It will take up to 24 hours for this to be reflected on SourceForge's
public CVS (although it is available right away for those with write
access).

There are five items on the checklist that take up the bulk of the release
manager's time (see abbreviated descriptions below). The release manager is
near exhaustion by the time these are complete. I think we need to figure
out a way to delegate this management effort to more people. (There are
already quite a number of people helping with bits and pieces of the
overall process, but we need to formalize that a bit more, IMO, so the
release manager doesn't get lost in the details.)

--Beman

* Monitor inspection report to verify problems are being dealt with.

* Monitor regression tests to verify that errors are dealt with.

* Monitor mailing lists to verify that patches are being dealt with.

* Monitor mailing lists and bug tracker to verify that bug reports are
being dealt with.

* Monitor CVS commits to verify content gets committed as planned.