From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 13:44:01

E. Gladyshev wrote:

[...]

> I think the library should be scaleable in respect to
> the space management. We can implment a set of
> predefined space managemenet strategies/polices, all
> the great stuff that we can come up with. However the
> user should be able to customize them in any way she
> likes.
> For instance the row/col management strategy can be
> just one of the predefined set.
> In general, I think that it is just an issues of clear
> definitions of space management basics that can be
> utilized by various specilized algorithms.

I also agree, I was just talking about the most efficient alternative to
program an acceptable interface. The default values could be overloaded for
subgroups. Some sort of "every widget in this group should have a minimum
of 40x80 pixels & no spacing between the widgets". This is used so
frequently and follows the "container oriented" design pretty well.

Philippe