From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 14:17:34

"Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippe_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> David B. Held wrote:
> [...]
> > To bring a bit of sobering reality to the project, I would suggest
> > picking a simple, even trivial target project (like displaying some
> > trivial dialog box).
>
> This is exactly what I wanted first: a project based on portable
> rectangles, windows, stylish frames, menus, fonts & events.
> Thanks for confirming.
> [...]

I am of the opinion that the library should use native widgets. It
sounds to me like you want to create a custom universal widget
set, but of course, this is going to be a hot-button issue for this
library. I think the majority of people who have chimed in have
also voted for or assumed native widgets, but I could be wrong.
An interesting question is whether the library could support a
native widget set as an abstract third-party platform. Then people
who want that exact portable look and feel can get it by specifying
the custom widget platform.

Dave