From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-09 08:10:12

At 01:39 PM 8/8/2003, Martin Wille wrote:
>David Abrahams wrote:
>> Matthias Troyer <troyer_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>> I would be interested in
>>>hearing about the plans for a Boost 1.31 release
>>

>> As far as I know the CVS is in very good health at the moment. The
>> only major thing I know needs to be done is to complete the
>> documentation for the new iterator adaptors. I'd like to get that
>> over with soon, so it isn't hanging over our heads much longer.
>
>In order to avoid problems to be discovered too late for fixing them
>I'll list the tests that fail for many compilers/compiler versions
>on Linux:
>
>- filesystem::operations_test
>- function::sum_avg_portable
>- iterator::interoperable_fail (a compile_fail test that fails,
> probably not a real problem)
>- math::octonion_test
> math::quaternion_test
>- test::errors_handling_test
>
>I hope that lists helps.

Assuming I'm release manager for 1.31.0, I'm going to publish explicit
release criteria for key platform/compiler pairs. Basically, the release
criteria will be 100% accounting for all failures on those
platform/compiler pairs.

I assume that Linux/GCC will be one of those platform/compiler pairs. I
need input from Linux/GCC experts as to which version of GCC should be used
for the release criteria.

I see GCC 3.3.1 has just been released, and so will be switching the
Windows/GCC tests to use that version. Unless anyone objects, it will be
one of the Windows release criteria compilers.

--Beman