From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-10 07:34:53

>The confusion is that your interpretation (more
>traditional) of a modern GUI framework is a bit
>different from notus. We are not concerned with
>building low-level controls. The low-level
>implementation is basically proveded by the platform
>(Mac, win32, etc.). Notus is just going to be using
>it. Notus's objective is exaclty to connect the
>'real-world' data (STL containers, etc) to the
>low-level GUI. In fact, the data-GUI connection and
>data/GUI management policies IS a low-level for notus,
>below is just a presentation layer. Traditional GUI
>toolkits are mostly concerned with the presentation
>level, notus is not! (well to a degree)

Maybe you're thinking just too low level ;)

Just think of you wanting to provide a grid.
As Brock put it, you'll use row()/ col()/ or whatever to build that.
That's just presentation.

Or, you want a three-state button (pushed/ not-pushed/ disabled).
You first have to allow for that (presentation), then you can think
about linking to some data
(like, if
 i < 0 -> not-pushed
 i > 0 -> pushed
 i = 0 -> disabled)

After you have that in place, you can think about data.
(but that's just my .02 Euros;) )

Best,
John