From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-10 14:43:29

At 01:07 AM 8/10/2003, David B. Held wrote:
>"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> [...]
>> As a user of the filesystem library, I am having the experience that
>> obvious things are hard to find, and the docs are much harder to
>> understand than they ought to be.
>> [...]
>
>Just out of curiosity, is the filesystem library being used to create a
>new build or regression test system, like it was originally designed
>to do?

Both the boost-root/tools/inspect and regression code use the filesystem
library, as does the bcp code. The build system is built on the jam code,
which is C rather than C++, and wasn't one of the envisioned uses of the
filesystem library.

My sense is that the filesystem library is fairly widely used. I base that
on page views on the web site, bug reports, enhancement requests, and
comments I've gotten from users.

OTOH, the filesystem library isn't used by any other Boost libraries. That
is pretty much is as I would expect, partially because the library is aimed
more at end-use than as a building block for other libraries, and partially
because it is a fairly new library.

--Beman