From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-10 20:52:26

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > Uhmm, I really wouldn't say so! If you look at the main trunk report -
>> >
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/resources/cvs_main_trunk/developer_summary_page.html,
>> > there are lots of regressions comparing to 1.30.0, and IMO we ought to
>> > fix all these before we branch for the release or anything.
>>
>> I can't really tell what these represent.
>
> As usual, a red cell means a regression from the 1.30.0 tarball, a dark
> green one - an improvement.
>
>> All of the new iterator library tests which weren't in 1.30.0 are
>> showing up as regressions if they're failing.
>
> Yes, it's a known shortcoming - or a feature, depending of how you look
> at it. By default, new tests are expected to pass.
>
>> Many are simply not going to get better; they're due to compiler bugs
>> which can't be worked around.
>
> Which is totally fine. If you provide us with the list of expected
> failures, these will be cleared.

All of the *_fail tests that are failing should be cleared. Actually
I don't know about bcc-5.6.4 since I don't have that compiler, but I
expect the conditions are the same as for bcc-5.5.1.

>> As for the others, the failures you're reporting with intel-7.1 are
>> very strange; my 7.1 compiler doesn't have these problems AFAIK.
>
> Hmm, looks like another configuration problem to me. We'll take a look
> at it.
>
>> What does the "meta-" prefix mean?
>
> "meta-" is our prefix for non-boost toolsets.

It's a strange standard to hold boost libraries to, passing on
toolsets which are not checked into the Boost CVS. Can we do
something about that?

>> Do you have some special configuration of each of these compilers?
>
> Well, most of them are not really special. For instance, bcc-* ones
> were introduced for the only purpose of being able to test 5.5.1 and
> 5.5.4 compilers simultaneously. The complete list of differences is
> available here -
>
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/resources/cs-win32_rc_1_30_0_metacomm/patches.html

That's good to know. Is there a link on the main summary page?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting