From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 04:12:08

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> While I totally support the failures markup goal, I would like to see
> _the_ release criteria to include "no regressions from the previous
> release" item as well, preferrably for all non-beta compilers that are
> currently under regression testing. Especially since now we have tools
> to ensure it.

OTOH, it might not always be achievable.
For boost 1.31 we are having an interface breaking change to the
iterator_adaptors, and not all compilers pass all tests with the new
adaptors yet.

While this may not be a problem for the iterators library (it is
effectively new) it may have a knock-on effect on any other boost
libraries implemented on top of it.

The principle is a good one, but I be prepared to make a few allowances
in the practice.

--
AlisdairM