From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 12:07:08

> http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg46513.php
>
> indicating some interest in combining thread safety and
> decoration. It seems to me (a novice in threading) that
> what needs to be protected is the access to the end
> of the pipeline, i.e. the final streambuf, which is
> connected to the actual output medium (a file, or console or
> pipe). Hence, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to
> combine the two in a ostream class. I confess I haven't
> looked at your code, but I think it would be nice if
> somehow it could be streambuf thread safety could be separated

it is, in the library I developed.
It's quite cute and efficient too ;)

Unfortunately I haven't had time to do the docs, since other stuff
too over.
Maily, SMART_ASSERT - which I want to finish the docs for ;)
and then I want to create a wingui.
And I have a job also ;)

But, if there's interest in it, I'll make some time.
Otherwise, it'll wait a couple more months :(

Best,
John