From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 12:39:09

At 11:13 PM 8/10/2003, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Assuming I'm release manager for 1.31.0, I'm going to publish explicit
>> release criteria for key platform/compiler pairs. Basically, the
>> criteria will be 100% accounting for all failures on those
>> platform/compiler pairs.
>
>While I totally support the failures markup goal, I would like to see
>_the_ release criteria to include "no regressions from the previous
>release" item as well, preferrably for all non-beta compilers that are
>currently under regression testing. Especially since now we have tools
>to ensure it.

That sounds reasonable to me.

>Especially since now we have tools to ensure it.

Damn. I forgot to bookmark the URL. Could you post it again please? Or
better yet add something to boost-root/status/compiler_status.html linking
to the permanent location. That in turn means deciding what of your
experiment work is permanent and where it will live.

Thanks,

--Beman