From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-12 07:12:43

David Abrahams wrote:
> Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> >> According to your chart, the following libraries are all regressing:
> >> function
> >>
> >> Are these real regressions or just newly-tested compilers? Can the
> >> library authors/maintainers address these problems? Where is our
> >> maintenance wizard?
> >
> > All of the failures for function are due to newly-tested compilers.
>
> Misha and Aleksey -- I think we really need to distinguish those
> failures from real regressions in the chart somehow or we'll never be
> able to tell where we stand.

Well, it was assumed that when adding a new compiler one should use re-run
the regressions against the previous release and report the current status
using _those_ expected results. But in any case, you have a point - for one,
it's not always practical/possible to do the full re-run. We'll look into
it.

Aleksey