From: graydon hoare (graydon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-12 11:39:49

"Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippe_at_[hidden]> writes:

> There is another pipestream project you can take a look at:
> http://pstreams.sourceforge.net/
>
> There was also another former implementation in the Gnu Gcc lib but it was
> discarded, I don't know why.

I have a unix-only sort of work in progress which does something
similar, but provides multi-stage pipelines (rather than just single
process streams) and synchronous pumping of data from multiple pipe
stages into and out of streams. it uses a sort of bourne-shell-like
syntax of operator overloads, ostensibly to make it easier to whip off
little C++ "scripts" for day-to-day tasks.

I am starting in on a windows port of it currently, but intended to
submit it here for review when complete. it needs cleaning up obviously,
but I'd like to see something of the sort make it into boost too.

http://www.venge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/venge/code/src/process/

-graydon