From: Vincent Finn (vincent.finn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-13 11:08:19

Isadora Kenterly wrote:
> I posted this question to one of the C++ groups and they
> treated me as if I were an entity from another planet!
> The group was comp.lang.c++.

The topic there is standard C++ so libraries like boost are off topic
If they are in a good mood they'll help but there is no guarantee

> Is it possible to download and use only the FileSystem
> of Boost? If it is, how exactly do we install it?

You can use the parts independently
There is no install required
You have the complete code, you include the appropriate header!

I don't think there is an easy way of downloading it on it's own (other
than getting it straight from the CVS)
but you shouldn't need to care since it'll only link the parts you use

Boost isn't like most 3rd party libraries in the sense of a dll (or
similar) which you download or build and then have to ship and an API to
use it.
You have the complete code so you can use it as if it was your own!

        Vin