From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-13 12:51:05

Hi,

There are still problems with Optional, related to some compilers not finding std swap().
I wrote the original code following compressed_pair.hpp, which is via unqualified call (to
activate ADL), plus a using declaration at function scope for GCC.
Recently, Jens Maurer patched it adding an alternative using declaration at namespace scope
(optional_detail) for GCC, but this seems not to work as the regressions show.

I don't have access to any of the failing compilers so I cannot fix it myself.
If anyone can do it, we might have this fixed for 1.30.2.

Note: although this library is new, google shows (to my satisfaction) that there are already a
couple of users of Optional out there.

TIA

Fernando Cacciola