From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 03:18:02

Paul Hamilton <paul_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have just uploaded a new project called "cppxmlobj" which is a
> system for persisting C++ objects to and from XML files. It uses
> Boost, Patterns, STL etc extensively (even the build system), and I
> thought that the list might be interested.
>
> An incarnation of it has been used in a number of commercial projects
> (by myself), but this is a complete rewrite using all the Boost stuff.
>
> Here is the link:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppxmlobj/
>
> I am still working on a literate programming system using this, but it
> will be ready to release in an early state soon. It's important that I
> complete the "tangle" tool so that it can create any sort of file for
> programming. It's almost done.
>
> There aren't any docs done except the doxygen stuff, but that will
> happen over time.

Well, it's interesting but pretty hard to evaluate. As a recent Boost
review of a persistence system shows, there are many dimensions to
this problem domain. It's hard to get a grip on which of those you've
chosen to address without some docs and/or examples. The most I can
tell is that it seems to be intrusive on the design of classes you are
persisting.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting