From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 05:41:35

> > The link failures for the format tests and the ios_state_test likely
> > isn't an indication of a problem in the respective libraries.
>

> I was in holidays, sorry I did not respond earlier.
>
> I gave a look at the regression reports, and indeed the pthread linking
> problem must be rather unrelated to the code itself in format, which
> doesnt call any thread function.
>
> I suspect it's because the tests are linked statically (because of wchar
> issues whith some compiler), and it triggers something.
>
> Does anyone have a clue on what to do to fix this ?

Very likely you are using something like shared_ptr or regex that make
themselves thread safe when BOOST_HAS_THREADS is defined, if this is the
case then adding either:

<define>BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS=1

or

<threading>multi

To the build requirements of the test will fix that.

If you don't depend on any boost lib that uses threads, then I would guess
that the culprit would be the std lib used (probably synchronises it's
iostream code somewhere), in which case you're going to need to use the
second option above.

John.