From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 02:41:10

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> My understanding is that Boost.Config should take care about these issues.
> Boost.Test rely on BOOST_HAS_SIGACTION flag. It should not be defined in
> case if there is no support for POSIX interfaces. Could you report the value
> of that flag in case of compilation failures you are expiriencing.

BOOST_HAS_SIGACTION gets defined to an empty string
for como, "gcc -ansi -U_GNU_SOURCE" and for "icc -D__STRICT_ANSI__".

Boost.Config uses _POSIX_VERSION to determine wether sigaction()
is available. The presence of _POSIX_VERSION doesn't indicate
wether the POSIX API has actually been enabled.

If we want to use Boost.Config to take care of this then
Boost.Config also has to check wether POSIX has been enabled.
This would be a very tedious task. glibc uses a plethora of
flags to enable POSIX, other implementations probably will
also add some flags.

Regards,