From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 07:18:55

Peter Dimov wrote:
> It is worth mentioning that this is a confirmed bug in CW
> with -iso_templates on (unreferenced typedefs are incorrectly optimized out
> at definition time). Masking compiler bugs in this way does not help
> compiler writers who use Boost as a test suite.

The bug is already fixed for the CW9 and all other compilers weren't
affected anyway, so I thought it's pointless to add

#if defined(__MWERKS__) && __MWERKS__ < 0x3200

to protect the new code. Also, you haven't done that for the fix for the
Intel-compiler yourself, so why do you mention it now?

And AFAICS if we would really be serious about the regression testing
for compiler vendors, this needs to be pulled to the config-system
anyway. Remember who said: "Dependencies. I hate dependencies." :)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology