From: John Fuller (jfuller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 06:34:35

HL7 v3, a health care application layer specification, uses the term
with time intervals as
an operation on a totally ordered set that produces the smallest
interval that is a superset.
For example, hull({[1,5], [7,10]}) == [1,10]
The unabridged specification part II available on Dr. Schadow's page
http://aurora.regenstrief.org/v3dt/
gives nice examples.