From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 14:18:58

I suggested it because we write software for people who run multiple
experiments with "rest periods" between the data collection sessions. They
seem to use the word span to specify the approximate duration of the series
of tests. "These experiments were conducted over a span of 3 weeks." Then
again, Americans are notorious for abuse of the language, but around
University of Arizona's Neural Systems, Memory & Aging Lab it would
certainly be understood.