From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 15:14:01

Jens Maurer wrote:
> > BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is documented to relate to C names,
> > but swap is a C++ name so I don't think such macro
> > should be used here.
>
> The CVS change of optional.hpp:1.10 is definitely incorrect,
> because STDC_NAMESPACE refers to C names, not C++ names.
> Sorry.
>
> However, just reverting the patch will make gcc-3.3
> non-functional, because std::swap(int,int) (for example)
> is not going to be found.
>
> I've checked in a better fix to the main branch. optional_test.cpp
> now works with gcc 2.95, gcc 3.0 and gcc 3.3 on Linux.
> Please test on other platforms and (optionally) transport
> the fix to the 1.30.0 CVS branch.

Please don't check anything in RC_1_30_0 - we are about to tag for the
release, and the branch already contains a workaround which works on pretty
much every GCC version one might be interested in, including 3.3 -
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux-rc-1_30_0/developer_summary_page.html (http://tinyurl.com/ke9z)

Aleksey