From: Daniel Spangenberg (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-19 03:40:16

Hello boosters,

Since I see strong activities in overworking parts of the documentation,
would like to remember the open question concerning the help text
section
"Separate, Explicit Instantiation"

http://www.boost.org/libs/utility/operators.htm#explicit_instantiation

During the summer pause I discussed some problems concerning this
usage of the operator class templates without inheritance (I.e. without
CRTP) in the thread

"Non-standard feature proposed in help text of operators library??"

with Daniel Frey and David Abrahams. Although my original critic
was not well-explained on my side and resulted in some misunderstandings

among the "discussees" I think, that we can be assume, that the current
text proposes a non-standard feature and should be either removed or
declared as "non-portable".

If you don't think that this statement holds true, please clarify why.

Thanks,

Daniel Spangenberg