From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-19 10:32:40

[2003-08-19] Douglas Gregor wrote:

>On Monday 18 August 2003 11:42 pm, Jeremy Siek wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> Hmm, I just viewed it with a different browser (Apple's Safari instead
>> of and old version of Netscape on a Sun) and now I see lots of newlines
>> (there were none before). Is this a case of non-portability of a html
>> tag, or a bug in Netscape?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jeremy
>
>It's just a <pre>formatted block, but I think the answer is "both" :). The
>formatting that the <pre> tag does is essentially non-portable, but nearly
>every browser does it the same way, so it looks like a "bug". I don't know
of
>a suitable replacement tag.

Depends on your idea of suitable. You can reformat by using repeatedly:

That is replace all spaces with &nbsp; and wrap all lines with the tele-type
tag followed by the line-break tag.

HTH.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq