From: Bo Persson (bop2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-23 04:35:29

"Jarl Friis" <jarl_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet
> scleary_at_[hidden] writes:
>
> > Hello, Boosters -
> >
> > I am sure that many of you have received many e-mails from the
> > W32.Sobig.F_at_mm

(http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@m
m.html
> > ) e-mail virus.
> >
> > The problem with this virus is that it will spread itself to
e-mail
> > addresses - not just from Outlook's address book - but to any
addresses it
> > finds in the user's files. e.g., HTML files on the user's hard
drive.
> > e.g., HTML files that are part of the Boost distribution.
>
> That is not true! On the OS I am using it does not spread at all.
All
> this is a *Windows* related issue/problem,

No, it is not. It is a market penetration problem.

It is no fun writing a virus for Linux, becase all 12 users would be
infected immediately, and there it ends. If you write for Windows, you
can infect a hundred million.

Bo Persson