From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-23 19:32:14

Daryle Walker <dwalker07_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 11:54 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> Perhaps, it would be better to describe the exact purpose of the
>>> list. The description could include "not for user questions".
>>
>> Until the list revives itself I don't think I want to publicize it.
>> Anyone interested in Boost installation is probably better off
>> posting on Jamboost, where Rene is actually doing something about it.
>
> Then you could put a note about the Jamboost list when describing the
> Install list. I don't think we should be hiding the existence of a
> list

There's a difference between hiding and "not advertising".

> (unless you plan to kill the list outright).

And anyway, why not?

> What happens if an user discovers the list independently of the
> mailing-list page?

What do you think happens?

The whole point of my removing the list from the page is to prevent
lots of wasted time telling people to post elsewhere (as has happened
repeatedly in the past). I don't want to waste a lot of time arguing
about it here; that would defeat the purpose.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting