From: Jon Kalb (jonkalb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-24 16:39:49

Mohamed,

All Boost libraries are required to have a license that "grant(s)
permission without fee to copy, use, and modify the software for any use
(commerical and non-commercial)." They must require that a copy of the
license appear on all copies of the software source code and they may
restrict the use of the name and description, but it sounds to me like
neither of these restrictions apply to what you intend to do (unless you
intend to retain the name "Boost" in your ported work, which I would
discourage).

If your intent is to port Boost libraries to another language (which it
sounds to me that it is) then permission is already granted by the
licenses of the individual libraries. If you credit the individual Boost
library authors as original sources (which I assume you would do in any
academic work) then you will have gone beyond your requirements.

I am not an attorney.

--
Jon Kalb                        Alexander Stepanov, the Keynote Speaker
for