From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-27 05:26:44

>You mean I can't just run bjam with no options and get the libs built with
>thread support? I need to add a command-line option?
>
>I am updating my RPM package for 1.30.2, and I'd like to make sure this is
>correct, and I will forward this to Redhat (they now have a boost rpm).

The thread libs will be built with threading support turned on (obviously),
other libs will not be built thread safe by default - you could use

bjam -sBUILD="<threading>multi"

but remember that thread safe and non-thread-safe lib builds are very
unlikely to be binary compatible (this is true of the C++ std lib as well
BTW).

We are aware that this is an issue, and there is work going on to provide an
install procedure, that will address this by mangling library names. I hope
we can provide an official rpm specs file as well, but that may have to
wait...

John