From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-27 16:25:51

On Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003, at 14:46 America/Denver, Joerg Walter wrote:
> [...]

I don't think so. As Dave said, there are already existing library
components whose use of dynamic memory is not parameterized. So I
can't see refusing new components on that basis.

That doesn't mean Boost shouldn't have a more explicit policy, but
I doubt that simply parameterizing everything with an allocator is
the way to go.

It also doesn't mean the standard shouldn't have a more explicit
policy, but achieving one will be non-trivial.