From: Joe Gottman (jgottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-27 19:26:01

> "E. Gladyshev" <egladysh_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I am afraid that some of the boost libraries (as they are now) won't
> > work for a big group of real time and embedded developers, where
> > customization is the key.
>
> Is it really (other than culturally, I mean)? Are you sure that
> there's no good general-purpose allocator which they can use?
>
> --

   Has anyone considered adding a new template constructor to shared_ptr
that takes an allocator as an extra template parameter? Something like

template <class Y, class D, class Alloc>
shared_ptr(Y *p, D d, Alloc alloc);

   This would allow users who need to specify allocators to do so, without
adding a new template parameter to the class itself.

Joe Gottman