From: Iain K. Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-28 11:27:58

> Agreed. Still, this doesn't imply you shouldn't _also_ provide
> multi-threaded libs by default. I mean, what is it to you if
> there's libboost_filesystem_mt.a, libboost_regex_mt.so, etc. for
> multi threading, while you can simply use -lboost_regex when
> linking your single threaded application?

I don't have a problem with that, except that it increases the size of
the build and the time taken. But its not a big issue as you can always
control whats done through the build system.

> The default build is single threaded, while there's also by default a
> Boost.Threads build, which is at least partially useless, because I
> can't use it together with boost libraries that require linking.
>
> Now that surprises me...

It shouldn't. But if the default was to build boost for both single and
MT, would that take away the surprise?

/ikh