From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-29 08:40:37

Before I make this request I'd just like to thank all the boosters that have
contributed to the creation of the regrssion test system and actually run
regression tests. It is an essential tool for portable library development.
I don't know how we got things done correctly before we had this.

So I'd like to and request that we run some regression tests with the
'Maximum' warning levels. Just trolling around in the jam settings and
searching the docs I didn't find options dealing with warning levels so I
assume we are getting the compiler defaults (I'd love to be enlightened on how
to do this, BTW). This is also consistent with the fact that the date-time
regresssion tests run without warning on various MSVC compilers, but there
have been users asking about warnings when they compile at warning level 4.

Obviously I can see a need to do this broadly, but at the moment I would be
quite happy to see the '100% compiler' (aka MSVC 7.1) get cranked up a notch
so we can work off the issues there.

Thoughts?

Jeff