From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-29 13:33:31

--- Gregory Colvin <gregory.colvin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[...]
> It's still not obvious to me. But I suspect I have yet to understand
> your example.

Perhaps Peter can help me here. In his sample solution before, in this thread,
he addresses this problem nicely by using static functions
that take references to allocator instances. In his solution,
shared_ptr doesn't create an internal Allocator copy.
Instead he binds a static function pointer to an Allocator instance
and uses the pointer as Deleter.
My sample stateful allocator will work just fine in Peter's code.

Eugene