From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-30 00:14:25

E. Gladyshev wrote:
> > * Consider parametrization, especialy if your library is to be available
> > for embedded or non-traditional (like DSP, etc.) platfroms.
>
> I think this item will make you think twice before hiding
> boost::signal's allocator.

An allocator parameter is not the only way to parameterize, here, nor it is
necessarily the most appropriate one. If I wanted to manage how
function/signals allocate their memory, I wouldn't want to do it on a
per-object basis - which, without the typedef templates, is pretty much the
only level the allocator template parameter would allow me to manage it on.
At least for these two libraries, a per-project parameterization seems more
appropriate to the real needs, and something as simple as a trait class
could provide the means.

Aleksey