From: James W. Walker (osx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-31 12:42:03

On Aug 31, 2003, at 7:45 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Please have a look at the FAQ here:
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/doc/faq.html#scanner_business
>
> This should solve your problem.

Thanks, that helps, but I still have a question or two. The FAQ says
"it is best to avoid rules as arguments to the parse functions", but
then what are rules good for? How else am I going to do any nontrivial
parsing?

I've been looking at the Spirit article in the C/C++ Users Journal. It
contains a code example that defines rule<> expression, and later says
if (parse( str, expression, space ).full)... I supposed that "space"
was a typo for "space_p". How do you reconcile that code sample with
the FAQ?

--
<http://www.jwwalker.com/>