From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-02 13:20:31

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]

> > I think construct/destroy can be implemented as non-customizable
> > static functions in boost just for convinence.
>
> I think the word "static" is not what you meant, and is what led me
> to challenge the suggestion.

I used word 'static' because I assumed that construct/destroy
functions would be implemented in some 'memory' data type
(just to qualify it).

struct memory
{
        static template< typename A >
        typename A::pointer construct( A& a, size_t n ) {...}

        static template< typename A >
        void destroy( typename A::pointer ) {...}
};

Eugene