From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-03 08:56:48

Although I an growing to like date_time, I have to agree that some names are
less than ideal. I found kday less than intuitive. Documentation of the
labyrinthine (with good reason) structure is also weak (or even wrong?)

It seems to me that these observations at this stage highlight a weakness of the
current review process. Until code gets Boost acceptance status, too few are
prepared to really use it in anger on real projects, and only then do lots of
'issues' start to surface. But by then, changes cause grief to existing users,
so there is a reluctance to 'improve' things like naming.

Do we need a 'still may be subject to significant change' status to distinguish
from a 'pretty much tried and tested' status?

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]