From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-03 18:30:52

At 12:53 AM 9/3/2003, xuejm_at_[hidden] wrote:

>I used boost::tokenizer in one of my project and I found that it took
>very long time to accomplish the building process when I include
>boost::tokenizer in one of my cpp file.

Hum... How much is "a very long time"? A couple of seconds? minutes? more?
FWIW,I don't recall the tokenizer regression tests taking excessive compile
time.

>Is there any way to accelerate the process. Here's some information
>about my machine.
>
>Computer: DELL Demension 2350
>CPU: P4 2.0G
>RAM: 256M
>OS; Microsoft Windows 2003 Web edition
>Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Sp5
>boost: boost 1.30.0

While there is certainly nothing "wrong" with that configuration, I'd sure
upgrade with another 256M of RAM and VC++ 7.1 if it was mine:-; (That's a
personal comment, unrelated to your tokenizer question.)

--Beman