From: Ehsan Akhgari (ehsan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-05 10:04:18

> I suspect (but have not got enough Hungarian language skills and MS
> Internals to get it to work) that a solution is to switch on the
> LanguageExtensions using two functions:
>
> HRESULT __stdcall get_DisableLanguageExtensions(
> /* [out, retval] */ VARIANT_BOOL* retVal
> );
> HRESULT __stdcall put_DisableLanguageExtensions(
> /* [in] */ VARIANT_BOOL NewValue
> );

These functions will do no good. They're only useful for IDE
automation, and are of absolutely no use during a compile session
(unless you plan to automate the whole compile session, which is too
painful if you think of code management, etc.)

> Ones seems to get into a Catch-22 in that these can only work if
> LanguageExtensions are already enabled! Can any Windows Gurus can
> advise?
>
> However I also find that linking with a test_tools static library is
> not too inconvenient. It can be built non-strict, but the actual test

> modules can be compiled fully strict, though they produce some
> warnings which look ignorable and/or fixable. Probably Gennadiy can
> find some more fun activities than fixing them ;-)

I don't get what is so bad about a static library. It can be built and
later injected into projects using:

 #pragma comment( lib, "library_name.lib" )

The only thing that needs to be done is copying that library to the
compiler's lib directory at library build time, which can be automated
by using an "install" makefile option or something, like the Regex++
library does.