From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-05 14:18:57

Back in 1978 we (Computer Automation... now defunct) wrote an OS for our
mini-computers.
the date was held as 14 digits in YYMMDDHHmmsshh and generally formatted
as YY/MM/DD HH:mm:ss.hh
Nobody, and I mean _nobody_ ever questioned what that meant. we offered no
explanation, we just output the date in that form. The company sold world
wide and there were machines in Asia, US, and Europe/UK.
I've been puzzled ever since as to why it didn't get universally adopted
since it's never mis-interpreted.
And it certainly got around the silly DMY or MDY quibbles.