From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-06 01:42:32

agreed, this was 1978 when we did it and the system ONLY had 128K of memory
possible (I thought we were doing well to get 14 digits "approved")
the clock, unfortunately only had a 17 year "span" (32 bits (signed, for
some silly reason) 1/4 second resolution)
we didn't expect the systems to be in use for that long (though some
certainly were (I "moved" the base from 76030100000000 to 88030100000000
for one of the customers in late 1989)... they were anticipating another 10
years of viability for their installations.